Guillemots - Red album download
Tracklist Hide Credits
Arranged By [Brass] – Aristazabal Hawkes, Fyfe DangerfieldArranged By [Strings] – GuillemotsPerformer [Chicken] – Ben Castle
Performer [Techno-techno-techno-techno!] – Ruadhri CushnanSynthesizer [Galloping Horse Bass Synth] – Adam NobleSynthesizer [The Bfd Beat & Synth Scream] – Senator Jimmy D*
|3||Falling Out Of Reach
Arranged By [Strings] – Fyfe Dangerfield
|4||Get Over It
Percussion [Percussion To Be Mutated] – Crispin Robinson*Tambourine [Binding], Percussion [Hi-hat Placement] – Ruadhri CushnanVocals [Guest] – Tawiah
Written-By – Fyfe Dangerfield
Arranged By [Strings] – GuillemotsSynthesizer [Analogue Love] – Jonas Raabe
Arranged By [Strings], Written-By – Fyfe DangerfieldDrums [Impeccable Drum Fill] – Adam Noble
Arranged By [Brass] – Aristazabal Hawkes, Fyfe DangerfieldCello [Ghost Cello] – Martin RadfordVocals [Guest] – Ida Maria
|9||Standing On The Last Star||4:31|
|10||Don't Look Down
Programmed By [Guest Additional Programming] – Rob PlayfordSaxophone [Foghorn Contrasax] – Christopher Cundy*
|11||Take Me Home||5:36|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Copyright (c) – Polydor Ltd. (UK)
- Brass, Wind – Aldevis Tibaldi, Alex J. Ward*, Ben Castle, Christopher Cundy*, Dai Pritchard, Derek Watkins, Fulvio Sigurta, Harry Brown Jnr*, Howard McGill, Mark Hanslip, Martin Williams , Paul Spong, Peter Long*, Philip Todd*, Rowland Sutherland, Chris "Snake" Davis*
- Compiled By – Guillemots, Karen Thompson
- Conductor [Strings] – Nick Ingman
- Engineer – Adam Noble
- Engineer [Additional], Programmed By [Additional] – Jeff Knowler, Ruadhri Cushnan
- Engineer [Assistant] – Darren Simpson , Tom Bailey
- Instruments [All Other Things Played And Sung By] – Guillemots
- Mastered By – Mike Marsh
- Mastered By [Contribution] – Noble*, Guillemots, Cushnan*
- Mixed By – Adam Noble, Guillemots, Ruadhri Cushnan (tracks: 1 to 10)
- Producer – Adam Noble, Guillemots
- Programmed By – Adam Noble, Guillemots
- Strings – Boguslav Kostecki*, Bruce White, Cathy Thompson, Chris Tombling, David Woodcock, Don McVay*, Liz Edwards*, Emlyn Singleton, Everton Nelson, George Robertson, Jonathan Rees, Katie Wilkinson, Mark Berrow, Patrick Kiernan, Perry Montague-Mason, Pete Hanson*, Peter Lale, Rachel Bolt, Steve Morris, Tom Pigott-Smith, Warren Zielinski
- Written-By – Guillemots (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8 to 11)
NotesMade in Indonesia
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 00602517625235
|1762524||Guillemots||Red (CD, Album, Enh, Sup)||Polydor||1762524||UK & Europe||2008|
|GMTS225||Guillemots||Red (CDr, Album, Promo)||Polydor||GMTS225||UK & Europe||2008|
|GMTINT6||Guillemots||1st Generation (CDr, Album, Promo)||Polydor||GMTINT6||UK||Unknown|
|1762523||Guillemots||Red (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Polydor||1762523||Russia||2008|
|1765252||Guillemots||Red (LP, Album)||Polydor||1765252||UK||2008|
Red is the second album from British indie rock band Guillemots. It was released on 24 March 2008 in the United Kingdom and reached number 9 in the UK Album Charts. The album release was preceded by the single "Get Over It" on 17 March. Also included is the video to Get Over It. Ida Maria provided backing vocals on the track "Words".
Album: Guillemots, Red (Polydor). Friday 21 March 2008 01:00. For this follow-up, Guillemots adopt a more direct approach than on the overly sensitive Through the Windowpane. In place of the lavish orchestrations that bookended their debut, Red starts with the synthetic fanfare that opens "Kriss Kross", a lumbering funk-rock groove imploring one to "dance with your thunder and lightning".
Two years later, Guillemots seem determined to break into the mainstream. Red finds the group shedding their old image (in many ways, not unlike a more sophisticated version of Coldplay) in favour of muchos larking about with synths, disco balls and a whopping great sound-system. Folk who purchased Fyfe and co's debut after hearing the single 'Trains To Brazil', but were disappointed by the introspective, softly-softly nature of the rest of the album, should find plenty to love here. This sophomore album is the sound of a band growing confident enough to dabble outside their comfort zone.
Again and again on Red, Guillemots singer Fyfe Dangerfield complains that he can't get the words out. He chases the moon, tries another drink to loosen his tongue, and moans about how life would be easier "if I was half-drunk and ma. Words are failing him- they've got a whole song about it- and whatever he's feeling, he can't get it ou. The simple answer is, Dangerfield has nailed romantic drama- but this isn't a romantic album. The band has downplayed the sprawling orchestrations- as well as Aristazabal Hawkes's sensuous upright bass- to build a tighter, harder, more jarring sound. They're also sharing songwriting duties between all four members.
Red is the second album from British indie rock band Guillemots. Red (Guillemots album).
Guillemots : Red,álbum, crítica, lista de pistas, mp3, letras. Band Name Guillemots. Album Name Red. Type Album. Data de lançamento 24 Março 2008. Labels Universal Music Group. Estilo de MúsicaIndie Rock. Membros têm este álbum2.
Or consider a donation?
Guillemots: Red. Steve Jelbert. March 21 2008, 12:00am, The Times. The second album from Fife Dangerfield’s idiosyncratic crew is downright curious. Stranger still, in the main it works. The brash single Get Over It is absurdly catchy, Kriss Kross and Big Dog similarly nagging, and the elegant Words surprisingly affecting.