Steve Reich - Early Works album download
Tracklist Hide Credits
Loops – Steve ReichVoice – Daniel Hamm
Piano – Double Edge, Edmund Niemann, Nurit Tilles
Handclaps – Russ Hartenberger, Steve Reich
|B2||It’s Gonna Rain
Loops – Steve ReichVoice – Brother Walter
- Published By – Reich Music Publications
- Recorded At – RCA Studio A
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Copyright (c) – Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Art Direction, Design – Carin Goldberg
- Engineer – Paul Goodman (tracks: A2, B1)
- Executive-Producer – Robert Hurwitz
- Liner Notes – Steve Reich
- Mastered By [Mastering] – Robert C. Ludwig*
- Mixed By, Edited By – Judith Sherman (tracks: A2, B1), Steve Reich (tracks: A2, B1)
- Photography By – Nevin Shalit, Steve Sherman*
- Photography By [Cover] – Landry*, Girouard*
- Producer – Judith Sherman, Steve Reich
Piano Phase recorded May 1986 at RCA Studio A, New York City
Clapping Music recorded May 1987 at RCA Studio A, New York City
It’s Gonna Rain (January 1965)
℗© 1987 Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records for the United States and WEA International Inc. for the world outside of the United States.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7559-79169-1 1
- Rights Society: BMI
|9 79169-1||Steve Reich||Early Works (LP)||Elektra Nonesuch||9 79169-1||US||1987|
|9 79169-2||Steve Reich||Early Works (CD, Comp, RE)||Elektra Nonesuch||9 79169-2||US||Unknown|
|979 169-2||Steve Reich||Early Works (CD, Comp)||Nonesuch||979 169-2||Germany||1987|
|9 79169-4||Steve Reich||Early Works (Cass, Comp)||Elektra Nonesuch||9 79169-4||US||1987|
|979 169-1||Steve Reich||Early Works (LP)||Nonesuch||979 169-1||Europe||1987|
Steve Reich: Works 1965–1995 is a 1997 10-CD box set of compositions by composer Steve Reich released by Nonesuch Records as part of Reich's 60th birthday celebration. beautiful", it includes full track and personnel listing, career chronology, appreciative notes (such as essays by John Adams and Michael Tilson Thomas), a new interview, and "his most famous works" with the "curious exclusions" of Violin Phase, Music for Pieces of Wood and Vermont Counterpoint.
After taking musique concrete to another level, Reich decided to try to make similar strides with instrumental music. The two other pieces here, "Piano Phase" and "Clapping Music," represent this new direction in his work. Re-recorded here in 1986 and 1987, their intricate, layered patterns should be familiar to fans of another one of Reich's masterpieces, "Music for 18 Musicians. Early Works is a must-have introduction for anyone interested in the roots of minimalist music.
By: Steve Reich (1987, Electronic). Wrong audio? Try another! More albums from Steve Reich
Album · 1987 · 5 Songs. Early Works Steve Reich. Colin Currie & Steve Reich Live at Fondation Louis Vuitton.
Steve Reich: Works 1965–1995 is a 1997 10-CD box set of compositions by composer Steve Reich released by Nonesuch Records as part of Reich's 60th birthday celebration.
is one of the composer’s strongest works in recent years, recapturing the spacious, swirling beauty of Music for 18 Musicians. The Shed Attempts to Inject Culture Into Hudson Yards.
Is Early Works the best album by Steve Reich? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. Early Works by Steve Reich (1987) Compilation Overall rank: 69,959th.