Big Star - Complete Third - Vol. 2: Roughs To Mixes album download
|A1||Big Black Car (Dickinson Rough Mix / Alex Guide Vocal)|
|A2||Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (Dickinson Rough Mix)|
|A3||Take Care (Dickinson Rough Mix)|
|A4||Holocaust (Dickinson Rough Mix)|
|A5||Nightime (Dickinson Rough Mix)|
|A6||Thank You Friends (Dickinson Rough Mix)|
|B1||Nature Boy (Dickinson Rough Mix)|
|B3||Stroke It Noel (Backwards Intro)|
|B4||Lovely Day (Fry Rough Mix)|
|B5||Nightime (Fry Rough Mix)|
|B6||Blue Moon (Fry Rough Mix)|
|B7||Till The End Of The Day (Alternate Mix #1)|
|B8||Big Black Car (Fry Rough Mix)|
|C1||Holocaust (Fry Alternate/Rough Mix)|
|C2||Downs (Fry Rough Mix)|
|C3||Kanga Roo (Fry Rough Mix)|
|C4||Femme Fatale (Fry Rough Mix)|
|C5||For You (Alternate Version/Alex Vocal)|
|D1||Thank You Friends (Fry Rough Mix)|
|D2||Take Care (Fry Rough Mix)|
|D3||Kizza Me (Fry Rough Mix)|
|D4||Till The End Of The Day (Fry Rough Mix #2)|
|D5||Nature Boy (Fry Rough Mix)|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ardent Music, LLC
- Copyright (c) – Omnivore Recordings
- Manufactured By – Omnivore Recordings
- Distributed By – Omnivore Recordings
- Mastered At – Osiris Studio
- Recorded At – Ardent Studios
- Mastered At – Ardent Studios
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-98802
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-98803
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-98804
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-98805
- Art Direction, Design – Greg Allen
- Bass – Jimmy Stephens Jr.* (tracks: C5), Tommy Cathey, Tommy McClure, William Murphy
- Drums – Jody Stephens, Richard Rosenbrough*, Tarp Tarrant
- Guitar – Lee Baker , Steve Cropper
- Guitar, Keyboards – Jim Dickinson
- Guitar, Keyboards, Engineer – Alex Chilton
- Mastered By – Michael Graves
- Mastered By [Vinyl] – Adam Hill, Chris Jackson
- Mixed By, Engineer – Jim Dickinson, John Fry
- Musician – Duncan Sisters, Pat Rainer , Randy Romano (tracks: A2)
- Producer [For Release] – Cheryl Pawelski
- Producer, Engineer – Jim Dickinson
- Reeds, Woodwind, Synthesizer, Arranged By [Strings] – Carl Marsh
- Research [Tape], Mixed By [Additional], Transferred By – Adam Hill
- Strings – Celeste Wilson, John Stubbs, John Wehlan, Lorine Gottshall, Noel Gilbert, Peter Spurbeck, Rebecca Anne Mcmullan, Robert Snyder
NotesJim Dickinson's & John Fry's Rough Mixes
Almost All Tracks Appearing on Vinyl for the First Time!
Download Card Included
Barcode on Sticker
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 816651014217
- Matrix / Runout (Etched A): S-98802 OVLP-202 816651014217 SIDE A -CKJ-
- Matrix / Runout (Etched B): S-98802 OVLP-202 816651014217 SIDE B -CKJ-
- Matrix / Runout (Etched C): S-98804 OVLP-202 816651014217 SIDE C -CKJ-
- Matrix / Runout (Etched D): S-98805 OVLP-202 816651014217 SIDE A -CKJ-
Complete Third, Vol. 2: Roughs to Mixes. Omnivore 816651014217.
Jim Dickinson's & John Fry's Rough Mixes Almost All Tracks Appearing on Vinyl for the First Time! Download Card Included. Great sounding versions of what would become an iconic album. All three volumes of these Third records are a must-have for fans of Big Star. To me, this second volume is perhaps the most interesting as it gives the two rough mixes done by Dickinson and Fry respectively. The final versions on Vol 3 are fantastic, but there's real energy here! My discs sound very good too! Reply Notify me 1 Helpful.
Please send me an E-Mail when. Big Star releases a new title, album. the price for Complete Third: Vol. 2: Roughs To Mixes drops. Omnivore Recordings releases a new product. 2: Roughs To Mixes drops below. US$. Our privacy statement.
Only 5 left in stock (more on the way). The next year I read in Billboard that a test pressing of a 3rd Big Star album was making the rounds. I kept on waiting for it to appear. and at some point I learned that it wouldn't. So when Alex played the Rat in Boston in 1977, Erik and I introduced ourselves (I don't believe we mentioned the prior encounter, since it seemed ill-advised to remind him of it).
The Memphis band, led by Alex Chilton (formerly of the Box Tops), recorded music in 1974 for what was supposed to be its third LP, only to have the album shelved until 1978. Then, says the announcement from Omnivore, Third would be subsequently re-released, renamed and re-sequenced many times over the years. VOL. 2: ROUGHS TO MIXES 1. Big Black Car (Dickinson Rough Mix/Alex Guide Vocal) 2. Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On (Dickinson Rough Mix) 3. Take Care (Dickinson Rough Mix) 4. Holocaust (Dickinson Rough Mix) 5. Nightime (Dickinson Rough Mix) 6. Thank You Friends (Dickinson Rough Mix) 7. Nature Boy (Dickinson Rough Mix) 8. After Hours – Lesa 9. Stroke It Noel (Backwards Intro).
Third (reissued in 1985 as Third/Sister Lovers) is the third album by American rock band Big Star. Sessions started at Ardent Studios in September 1974.
Big Star‘s classic record Third wasn’t released until 1978, four years after it was recorded and four years after Big Star had broken up. The chaotic recording sessions will be released as part of a huge 69-track reissue called Complete Third, charting the album’s genesis from demos to completed L. It’s a great testament to Third that an album that almost nobody was interested in at the time of its pressing, is now loved and sought out by an ever growing legion of fans.
Complete Third Vol. 2: Roughs To Mixes (LP) Big Star. Big Star Box Set (Cassette) Big Star. Complete Third Vol. 1: Demos To Sessions To Roughs (LP) Big Star. Complete Third (CD) Big Star.
Artists Big Star Complete Third. Complete Third Big Star. This album has an average beat per minute of 114 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 110/122 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Complete Third.