Sufjan Stevens - The BQE (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) album download
|A1||Prelude On The Esplanade|
|A2||Introductory Fanfare For The Hooper Heroes|
|A3||Movement I: In The Countenance Of Kings|
|A4||Movement II: Sleeping Invader|
|A5||Interlude I: Dream Sequence In Subi Circumnavigation|
|A6||Movement III: Linear Tableau With Intersecting Surprise|
|B7||Movement IV: Traffic Shock|
|B8||Movement V: Self-Organizing Emergent Patterns|
|B9||Interlude II: Subi Power Waltz|
|B10||Interlude III: Invisible Accidents|
|B11||Movement VI: Isorhythmic Night Dance With Interchanges|
|B12||Movement VII (Finale): The Emperor Of Centrifuge|
|B13||Postlude: Critical Mass|
- Copyright (c) – Asthmatic Kitty Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Asthmatic Kitty Records
- Copyright (c) – New Jerusalem Music
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Mastered At – Record Technology Incorporated – 18280
- Bass, Other [Beats] – Yuuki Matthews
- Bassoon – Damian Primis
- Cello – Jody Redhage, Maria Bella Jeffers
- Clarinet – Hideaki Aomori
- Clarinet [Bass], Clarinet – Jay Hassler
- Conductor – Michael Atkinson
- Double Bass [Upright] – Alan Hampton, Mat Fieldes
- Drums, Percussion – Matt Moran
- Drums, Percussion, Programmed By, Sequenced By, Synthesizer, Effects [Sound] – James McAlister
- Electric Guitar – Casey Foubert
- Flute, Flute [Alto], Flute [Piccolo] – Alex Sopp
- Flute, Flute [Piccolo] – Sato Moughalian
- French Horn – Theo Primis
- Liner Notes – Sufjan Stevens
- Mastered By – Ray Janos
- Mixed By – Sufjan Stevens
- Music By – Sufjan Stevens
- Oboe – Arthur Sato
- Performer [Everything Else] – Sufjan Stevens
- Photography By – Denny Renshaw
- Photography By [Amateur] – Sufjan Stevens
- Recorded By [Additional] – Casey Foubert, James McAlister, Sufjan Stevens
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Jeff Kirby , Tyler Van Dalen
- Recorded By [Live] – Alejandro Venguer
- Trombone – Ben Lanz, Tim Albright
- Trumpet – Josh Frank, Kyle Resnick
- Viola – Beth Meyers
- Viola, Vocals – Marla Hansen
- Violin – Amie Weiss, Hiroko Taguchi, Olivier Manchon, Rob Moose
NotesThe BQE, is a cinematic suite inspired by the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway and the Hula-Hoop. It was commissioned by the Brooklyn Academy of Music and was originally performed in the Howard Gilman Opera House in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Next Wave Festival in October of 2007.
©2009 New Jerusalem Music / ASCAP
©℗2009 ASTHMATIC KITTY RECORDS
Limited edition vinyl includes:
- The original 40-minute Motion Picture Soundtrack on 180-GRAM VINYL.
- A 32-page booklet with breathtaking scenic photos of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway in all its psychedelic glory!
- Indiscriminate Existential Road Trip LINER NOTES by Sufjan Stevens.
- Original Super Teenage Hooper Heroes COMIC BOOK! (30-odd pages of awesome extraterrestrial heroines with hula hoops!)
- Neon! Laser Beams! Hyperbole! Wow!
- Illegible Futuristic Graffiti!
- Includes code for digital download (flac)
Tracks sequentially listed on back cover.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1, etched): AKR278LP-A RJ 18280.1
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2, etched): AKR278LP-B RJ 18280.2
- Matrix / Runout (Both sides, stamped): STERLING
- Barcode (From sticker on poly outer sleeve): 6 5660 - 56278 - 1 6
|AKR 278, AKR278||Sufjan Stevens||The BQE (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD, Album + DVD-V)||Asthmatic Kitty Records, Asthmatic Kitty Records||AKR 278, AKR278||US||2009|
|PCD-26031/2||Sufjan Stevens||The BQE (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD, Album + DVD-V)||P-Vine Records||PCD-26031/2||Japan||2009|
|AKR 278||Sufjan Stevens||The BQE (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CDr, Promo)||Asthmatic Kitty Records||AKR 278||UK||2009|
|RTRADLP550||Sufjan Stevens||The BQE (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP, Album, Ltd)||Rough Trade||RTRADLP550||UK & Europe||2009|
|RTRADCD 550||Sufjan Stevens||The BQE (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD, Album + DVD-V)||Rough Trade||RTRADCD 550||Europe||2009|
After successfully navigating his way into the mainstream with 2005's epic Illinoise, ultra-prolific indie pop prince Sufjan Stevens had no intention of laying low. Instead, he released a set of Illinoise outtakes, a five-disc collection of Christmas songs, and staged a "symphonic and cinematic exploration of New York City's infamous Brooklyn-Queens Expressway" that included a self-made Super 8 mm film, a full orchestra, and a small army of hula hoopers performing live in front of a sold-out Brooklyn Academy of Music
Prelude On the Esplanade, 02:56. Movement II: Sleeping Invader, 04:33. Interlude I: Dream Sequence In Subi Circumnavigation, 03:33. Movement III: Linear Tableau With Intersecting Surprise, 04:08. Movement IV: Traffic Shock, 03:23. Interlude II: Subi Power Waltz, 00:27. Interlude III: Invisible Accidents, 00:53.
Album · 2009 · 13 Songs. 2001 Sufjan Stevens. More By Sufjan Stevens. See All. Carrie & Lowell.
The BQE: The Motion Picture Soundtrack. John My Beloved (iPhone Demo).
The album itself debuted at number 7 on the Billboard 200, becoming Stevens' highest-peaking effort. As of March 2015, The Age of Adz has sold over 138,000 copies in the United States. In a collaborative effort with Bryce Dessner, Nico Muhly, and James McAlister, Stevens released Planetarium through 4AD Records in 2017. "The BQE (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – Sufjan Stevens". Retrieved April 1, 2018.
The BQE by Sufjan Stevens, released 20 October 2009 1. Prelude on the Esplanade 2. Introductory Fanfare for the Hooper Heroes 3. Movement I-In the Countenance of Kings 4. Movement II-Sleeping Invader 5. Interlude I-Dream Sequence in Subi Circumnavigation 6. Movement III-Linear Tableau with Intersecting Surprise 7. Movement IV-Traffic Shock 8. Movement V-Self-Organizing Emergent Patterns 9. Interlude II-Subi Power Waltz 10. Interlude III-Invisible Accidents 1. The official album release of The BQE follows nearly two years after its original performance at BAM, providing the songwriter (and his various collaborators) ample time to wrestle out all the thematic incarnations of the project, and to attempt an appropriation of Wagner's Gesamtkunstwerk ("total work"). The BQE. by Sufjan Stevens. supported by. Joseph Buechel.
The BQE. Soundtrack album by Sufjan Stevens. A multimedia package of The BQE was released on October 20, 2009. The set consists of a CD of the show's soundtrack, a DVD of Brooklyn-Queen Expressway footage that accompanied the original performance (not a film of the performance itself), a 40-page booklet with liner notes and photos, and a stereoscopic 3D View-Master reel.
Movement II: Sleeping InvaderSufjan Stevens, The BQE (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). 5. Interlude I: Dream Sequence in Subi an Stevens, The BQE (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). 6. Movement III: Linear Tableau with Intersecting SurpriseSufjan Stevens, The BQE (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). 7. Movement IV: Traffic ShockSufjan Stevens, The BQE (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). 8. Movement V: Self-Organizing Emergent PatternsSufjan Stevens, The BQE (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack).