Dizzy Gillespie - Perceptions album download
|1||The Sword Of Orion||4:34|
|5||Horn Of Plenty||5:09|
- Record Company – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Mastered At – PolyGram Studios
- Art Direction – Patricia Lie, Sung Lee
- Bass – George Duvivier
- Bass Trombone – Paul Faulise, Dick Hixson*
- Composed By, Arranged By – J.J. Johnson
- Conductor – Gunther Schuller
- Design [Design Coordinated By] – Nichell Delvaille
- Design [Designed By] – Lili Picou
- Drums – Charlie Persip
- Engineer [Original Recording] – Rudy Van Gelder
- Executive-Producer – Richard Seidel
- French Horn – Jim Buffington, John Barrows, Paul Ingraham, Robert Northern
- Harp – Gloria Agostini, Laura Newell
- Liner Notes [June 1961] – Dom Cerulli, Gunther Schuller
- Liner Notes [March 1997] – Bill Kirchner
- Liner Notes [Notes Edited By] – Peter Pullman
- Mastered By – Chris Herles
- Percussion – Michael Colgrass
- Photography By – Carole Reiff*, Jan Persson
- Photography By [Cover Photograph] – Pete Turner
- Producer [Original Recordings] – Creed Taylor
- Producer [Production Assistance] – Robert Silverberg
- Production Manager [Production Coordinator] – Aric Lach Morrison
- Research, Engineer [Restored By] – Ben Young
- Supervised By – Michael Lang
- Trombone – Jimmy Knepper, Urbie Green
- Trumpet – Bernie Glow, Doc Severinsen, Ernie Royal, Joe Wilder, Nick Travis, Robert Nagel
- Trumpet, Soloist – Dizzy Gillespie
- Tuba – Bill Stanley, Harvey Phillips
Notes* Verve Elite Edition
* A limited edition CD - only 6500 copies made
* meticulous restoration
* High-resolution 20-bit digital transfer
* Original cover art and liner notes
* New liner notes and photographs
Recorded May 18 and 22, 1961 at Van Gelder Recording Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Original LP issue: Perceptions Verve V6-8411
Tracks are in their original LP sequence
© 1997 PolyGram Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: 314 537 748-2 [email protected]
|V6-8411||Dizzy Gillespie||Perceptions (LP, Album)||Verve Records||V6-8411||US||1961|
|0600753805749||Dizzy Gillespie||Perceptions (CD, Album, RE, RM, Dig)||Verve Records||0600753805749||Europe||2018|
|V-8411||Dizzy Gillespie||Perceptions (LP, Album, Mono)||Verve Records||V-8411||US||1961|
|V-8411||Dizzy Gillespie||Perceptions (LP, Album, Mono, dee)||Verve Records||V-8411||US||1961|
|GZ K32027 RR-98-456-2||Dizzy Gillespie||Perceptions (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial)||VAPP association||GZ K32027 RR-98-456-2||Russia||1998|
Perceptions is a composition for trumpet soloist and large jazz orchestra composed and arranged by J. J. Johnson. The piece was commissioned by Dizzy Gillespie and recorded in 1961 for the Verve label. The instrumentation of the orchestra is unusual in that no saxophones or woodwinds are used.
This unusual session consists of a complex six-movement suite by . Johnson featuring Dizzy Gillespie's trumpet over a brass choir (six trumpets, two trombones, two bass trombones, four French horns and two tubas), bass, drums, percussion and two harps. Often reminiscent of classical music, Johnson's writing allows plenty of room for Gillespie to improvise.
Perceptions (LP, Album, Mono). Perceptions (LP, Album, Mono, dee). Perceptions (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial). GZ K32027 RR-98-456-2. Perceptions (CD, Album, RE, RM, Dig).
Perceptions (Dizzy Gillespie album). Perceptions is a composition for trumpet soloist and large jazz orchestra composed and arranged by J. The piece was commissioned by Dizzy Gillespie and recorded in 1961 for the Verve label Contents. The piece was commissioned by Dizzy Gillespie and recorded in 1961 for the Verve label Perceptions.
One of the greatest jazz trumpeters of all time (some would say the best), Gillespie was such a complex player that his contemporaries ended up copying Miles Davis and Fats Navarro instead, and it was not until Jon Faddis's emergence in the 1970s that Dizzy's style was successfully recreated
List of works by Dizzy Gillespie. This is a list of works by American jazz musician Dizzy Gillespie. 1937–49: The Complete RCA Victor Recordings compilation album (RCA Victor). 1945–47: Groovin' High compilation album (Savoy). 1948: Gene Norman Presents Dizzy Gillespie in Concert (GNP Crescendo 23). 1950: Bird and Diz (Clef) – with Charlie Parker.