Travis & Fripp - Thread album download
|A1||Land Beyond The Forest||4:23|
|A2||The Apparent Chaos Of Blue||8:50|
|A3||The Silence Beneath||8:36|
|B5||As Snow Falls||14:00|
|D10||The Endless Search||6:09|
|D13||Oblivionville (Open Earth)||6:50|
- Composed By, Arranged By – Robert Fripp, Theo Travis
- Design [Graphic Design] – Carl Glover , Theo Travis
- Edited By, Mixed By – Dave Sturt (tracks: D10 to D13), Steven Wilson (tracks: A1 to C9)
- Electronics [Treatments] – Steven Wilson (tracks: A1 to C9)
- Flute [Alto], Soprano Saxophone, Clarinet – Theo Travis
- Guitar – Robert Fripp
- Mastered By [Vinyl Edition] – Peter Van Vliet
- Photography By – Mark Nelson
- Photography By [Portrait] – David Singleton
- Producer – Theo Travis
- Recorded By – David Singleton
- Recorded By [Additional Alto Flute] – Leigh Darlow (tracks: B5, C7, C8)
- Recorded By [Alto Flute, Clarinet] – Dave Sturt (tracks: D10, D12, D13)
NotesRecorded live at DGM Soundworld, Wiltshire on 5 January 2007.
Additional alto flute recording at Earthworks, Barnet on 24 August 2007.
Editing, treatments and mix by Steven Wilson at No Man's Land.
Editing and mix by Dave Sturt at Windmill Lane, Belper.
Theo Travis plays Trevor James alto flutes.
Publishing by Theo Travis / Crimson Music and registered with PRS/MCPS.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8716059001845
|gyrcd001||Travis & Fripp||Thread (CD, Album)||Panegyric||gyrcd001||UK||2008|
|IECP-10151||Travis & Fripp||Thread (CD, Album)||WHD Entertainment, Inc.||IECP-10151||Japan||2008|
|tf62||Travis & Fripp||Thread (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Blu)||Tonefloat||tf62||Netherlands||2009|
|tf62||Travis & Fripp||Thread (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Whi)||Tonefloat||tf62||Netherlands||2009|
|tf62||Travis & Fripp||Thread (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Ora)||Tonefloat||tf62||Netherlands||2009|
Composed By, Arranged By – Robert Fripp, Theo Travis. Design – Carl Glover (4), Theo Travis. Guitar – Robert Fripp. Mastered By – Peter Van Vliet. Photography By – Mark Nelson (7). Photography By – David Singleton.
com with THREAD in the header (lest you be lost in a sea of spam) and don’t forget to include your postal details
Travis & Fripp: Thread by John Kelman, published on August 8, 2008. But while Fripp creates lush washes of sound, so too does Travis, but instead of using sampled sounds as a primary sound source, it's Travis' flute and soprano sax that are both recognizable and expanded beyond conventional limits. In many ways, Travis' presence and the distinctive sound of his instruments, even when heavily processed, shed an even greater spotlight on the potential of Fripp's own sonic explorations. And with the added impetus of an independent yet keenly attuned partner, with whom ideas can be taken to even more unpredictable places, the result is an hour.
Thread was created in one improvised sitting, one day in 2007. Fripp, having already guested on one track on Travis' album, Double Talk, joined forces with the saxophonist and flautist best known for his work on the boundaries of Canterbury axis in bands like Gong and Soft Machine Legacy. Travis' mainly sticks to flute here, adding the requisite eastern scales to perforate Fripp's more amorphous washes of sound. If anything it most closely resembles Nik Turner's undervalued experiment in ambient work, Xitintoday (a comparison which, one suspects, Fripp would hate and Travis would love). On The Silence Beneath.
MAAT DROffline MkII log file format is now supported. 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14+. Artist.
Robert Fripp also guested on two tracks on this album, one of which he co-wrote with Travis. Owing to other collaborative commitments, Travis did not record another jazz album for eight years. When he did so in 2015, he named his new band Theo Travis' Double Talk after the 2007 album In 1993, Travis worked alongside bassist Dave Sturt on the Jade Warrior album Distant Echoes - as they would again on that band's 2008 album NOW. It was to prove a fortuitous collaboration.
1. Land Beyond The Forest (4:23) 2. The Apparent Chaos Of Blue (8:50) 3. As Snow Falls (14:00) 4. Before Then (6:22) 5. One Whirl (2:39) 6. The Silence Beneath (8:36) 7. Curious Liquids (3:14) 8. The Unspoken (5:22) 9. Pastorale (10:40).