Billy Joel - Piano Man album download
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||Ain't No Crime||3:20|
|A4||You're My Home||3:14|
|A5||The Ballad Of Billy The Kid
Arranged By – Jimmie Haskell
|B1||Worse Comes To Worst||3:28|
|B2||Stop In Nevada||3:40|
|B3||If I Only Had The Words (To Tell You)||3:35|
|B4||Somewhere Along The Line||3:17|
Drums – Rhys Clark
- Recorded At – Devonshire Studios
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Mastered At – Artisan Sound Recorders
- Mastered At – Customatrix
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Manufactured By – CBS Inc.
- Accordion – Michael Omartian
- Arranged By – Michael Omartian (tracks: A1 to A4, B1 to B5)
- Backing Vocals [Background Vocals] – Susan Steward, The Creamers
- Banjo – Eric Weissberg, Fred Heilbrun
- Bass – Emory Gordy*, Mr. Wilton Felder*
- Design – Beverly Parker
- Drums – Ron Tutt (tracks: A1 to B4)
- Engineer [Par Excellence] – Ron Malo
- Fiddle – Billy Armstrong
- Guitar – Dean Parks, Larry Carlton, Richard Bennet*
- Illustration – Bill Imhoff
- Keyboards – Billy Joel
- Music By, Lyrics By – Billy Joel
- Producer – Michael Stewart*
- Written-By [All Compositions Written], Performer – Billy Joel
NotesA Family Production
Recorded at Devonshire Sound, North Hollywood, California
Special Thanks to Jon Troy and Lee Colton
Background vocals credits Susan Steward & Co.
Eric Weissberg courtesy of Warner Brothers
© 1973 CBS, Inc. / ℗ 1973 CBS, Inc. / Manufactured by Columbia Records / CBS, Inc.
A side titled One Side
B side titled Another Side
"Travellin' Prayer" appears on back of sleeve and inner sleeve; "Travelin' Prayer" appears on label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: none
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Label): AL 32544
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Label): BL 32544
- Matrix / Runout (Etched A side): S PAL 32544-2B A 2
- Matrix / Runout (Etched B side): S PBL 32544 2C Az A 1
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped A side): (Artisan Sound Recorders logo)
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped A & B sides): o
- Rights Society (A1, B5): ASCAP
- Rights Society (A2 to B4 ): BMI
|KC 32544||Billy Joel||Piano Man (LP, Album)||Columbia||KC 32544||US||1973|
|CK 32544, DIDP 50109||Billy Joel||Piano Man (CD, Album, RE)||Columbia, Columbia||CK 32544, DIDP 50109||US||1984|
|CBS 80719||Billy Joel||Piano Man (LP, Album)||CBS||CBS 80719||Portugal||1975|
|CDCBS 80719, (CK 32544)||Billy Joel||Piano Man (CD, Album)||CBS, CBS||CDCBS 80719, (CK 32544)||Europe||1985|
|6369 160 L||Billy Joel||Piano Man (LP, Album)||Philips||6369 160 L||Italy||1973|
Piano Man is the second studio album by American recording artist Billy Joel, released on November 9, 1973 by Columbia Records. The album emerged from legal difficulties with Joel's former label Family Productions, and ultimately became his first breakthrough album. The title track, a fictionalized retelling of Joel's experiences with people he met as a lounge singer in Los Angeles, peaked at No. 25 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and No. 4 on the Adult Contemporary singles chart
In 1973, Billy Joel released his legendary 'Piano Man' album. Listen to Billy Joel perform the title track 'Piano Man'. Listen to more of Billy Joel's top tracks. Best known for his first hit song, 'Piano Man', in 1973, Billy has written and recorded thirty- three Top 40 hits in the UnitedStates. He is a six-time Grammy Award winner, a 23-time Grammy nominee and one of the world's best-selling artists of all time, having sold over 150 million records worldwide. Billy Joel is the sixth-best-selling recording artist and the third-best-selling solo artist in the United States. Piano Man. Исполнитель. Авторы текста и музыки.
Album: Piano Man (1973). Charted: 25. Get the Sheet Music License This Song. This was inspired by Joel's experiences playing at The Executive Room, a piano bar in Los Angeles. He worked there for six months in 1972 after his first solo album, Cold Spring Harbor, tanked. The characters in the song are based on real people Joel encountered while working at The Executive Room. The "waitress practicing politics" is Elizabeth Weber, who ended up becoming his first wife when Joel married her in 1973 (they divorced in 1982).
Piano Man. Billy Joel. Produced by Michael Stewart. Album Piano Man. Piano Man Lyrics. It's nine o'clock on a Saturday The regular crowd shuffles in There's an old man sitting next to me Making love to his tonic and gin. He says, "Son, can you play me a memory? I'm not really sure how it goes But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete When I wore a younger man's clothes.
Lyrics "Billy Joel - Piano Man"
Embittered by legal disputes with his label and an endless tour to support a debut that was dead in the water, Billy Joel hunkered down in his adopted hometown of Los Angeles, spending six months as a lounge singer at a club. Through a combination of touring and constant hustling, he landed a contract with Columbia and recorded his second album in 1973.
Billy Joel's 1973 breakthrough album came after various would-be jump-starts for the multi-talented Long Islander. He'd already committed a solo debut (Cold Spring Harbor) before landing at Columbia, which issued Piano Man to AM and FM radio acclaim. Joel's sound would prove to be an appealing tonic to fans of Elton John and James Taylor, who'd already broken the singer-songwriter sweepstakes open
Piano Man. Release Date: November 9, 1973. Disc 1. Travelin' Prayer. Ain't No Crime. Ballad Of Billy The Kid. Worse Comes To Worst. If I Only Had The Words (To Tell You). Somewhere Along The Line.