Chico Freeman - The Outside Within album download
Tracklist Hide Credits
Composed By – Cecil McBee
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – India Navigation Company
- Copyright (c) – India Navigation Company
- Artwork [Original Album Jacket] – Elsie Fredricks
- Bass – Cecil McBee
- Bass Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone – Chico Freeman
- Composed By – Chico Freeman (tracks: 1, 3, 4)
- Drums – Jack DeJohnette
- Engineer – David Baker
- Layout [Cd Layout] – Paulette Crowther
- Liner Notes – Amiri Baraka
- Photography By [Cover] – Beth Cummins
- Piano – John Hicks
- Producer – Bob Cummins
NotesOriginally released in 1981.
2. LeMac Music/ASCAP, all other compositions Nisha Ayl Publishing Company/ASCAP.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: IN 1042 CD <01>
- Matrix / Runout: U.S. OPTICAL DISC
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|IN 1042||Chico Freeman||The Outside Within (LP, Album)||India Navigation||IN 1042||US||1981|
|PAP-25017, IN 1042||Chico Freeman||The Outside Within (LP, Album)||Trio Records, India Navigation||PAP-25017, IN 1042||Japan||1981|
|BOM578||Chico Freeman||The Outside Within (CD, Album, RE)||Bomba Records||BOM578||Japan||1996|
Chico Freeman (born Earl Lavon Freeman J. July 17, 1949) is a modern jazz tenor saxophonist and trumpeter and son of jazz saxophonist Von Freeman. Chico Freeman - Portrait by Gert Chesi. 1976 saw the release of Freeman's first album as lead musician, Morning Prayer. The next year he moved to New York City, and widened his musical influences.
The Outside Within is an album by American jazz saxophonist Chico Freeman recorded in 1978 and released on the India Navigation label. Studio album by. Chico Freeman.
personnel : Chico Freeman - Clarinet (Bass), Sax (Tenor) John Hicks - Piano Cecil McBee - Bass Jack DeJohnette - Drums.
1981 studio album by Chico Freeman.
Chico Freeman (born Earl Lavon Freeman J. July 17, 1949) is a modern jazz tenor saxophonist and trumpeter and son of jazz saxophonist Von Freeman Contents. July 17, 1949) is a modern jazz tenor saxophonist and trumpeter and son of jazz saxophonist Von Freeman
Eastern-tinged, nocturnal jazz led by saxophonist Chico Freeman. While much of the album has a dark, late-night feel, there's a sustained sense of tension throughout that periodically culminates in cathartic bursts of full-on chaos, preventing the listener from ever getting too comfortable. Also listen to: Sam Rivers - Contours (1965). Jan Garbarek - Esoteric Circle (1969).