R.E.M. - Reveal album download
|2||I've Been High||3:25|
|3||All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star)||4:45|
|4||She Just Wants To Be||5:22|
|7||Beat A Drum||4:21|
|8||Imitation Of Life||3:57|
|9||Summer Turns To High||3:32|
|10||Chorus And The Ring||4:31|
|11||I'll Take The Rain||5:51|
- Accompanied By – Glen Brady, Jamie Candiloro, Joey Waronker, John Keane, Ken Stringfellow, Scott McCaughey
- Advisor – Bertis Downs*
- Arranged By [Strings] – Johnny Tate*, R.E.M.
- Artwork [Packaging] – Chris Bilheimer, Michael Stipe
- Edited By – Adam Ayan
- Engineer [Athens] – John Keane
- Engineer [Second, Dublin] – Dave Hughes, Kieran Lynch
- Engineer [Second, Miami] – Christine Tramontano
- Engineer [Second, Vancouver] – Alex Aligizakis, Dean Maher, Zach Blackstone
- Field Recording [Field Recordings] – Lou Kregel (tracks: 9)
- Horns – David Carmody, David Martin , Eoin Daly, Fergal O'Ceallachain, Get The Horns Section (tracks: 12), Shaun Hooke
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Producer – Pat McCarthy, R.E.M.
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Jamie Candiloro, Pat McCarthy
- Strings – Annette Cleary, Carol Quigley, Cliona O'Driscoll, David James , Debbie Ellis, Eileen Murphy, Elizabeth Dean, Elizabeth Leonard, Hillary O'Donovan, Jenniffer Cassidy, Marcus Miller , Michael Healy, Michelle Lalor, Nicola Cleary, Pamela Forde, Paul O'Hanlon, Peter Crooks, Ruth Mann, Ruth Murphy, Sebastian Petiet, Sunniva Fitzpatrick
- Technician [Assistant, Dublin] – Mark Fitzgerald
- Technician [Further Assistant, Dublin] – Bee Mangan, Marguerite Ryan, Mary Boylan
- Woodwind – David Agnew
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 9362 47946 2 2
|9 47946-2||R.E.M.||Reveal (CD, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||9 47946-2||US||2001|
|1-47946, 9 47946-1||R.E.M.||Reveal (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records, Warner Bros. Records||1-47946, 9 47946-1||US||2001|
|PROP05210||R.E.M.||Reveal (CD, Album, Promo)||Warner Bros. Records||PROP05210||Europe||2001|
|9362-47946-2, 9 47946-2||R.E.M.||Reveal (CD, Album)||Warner Music Taiwan, Warner Bros. Records||9362-47946-2, 9 47946-2||Taiwan||2001|
|2-47946 / 2-48078||R.E.M.||Reveal (CDr, Album, CD )||Warner Bros. Records||2-47946 / 2-48078||US||2001|
Reveal is the 12th studio album by American alternative rock band . released in 2001 on Warner Bros. After having adjusted to former drummer Bill Berry's departure and releasing Up to mixed response in 1998, . released the more upbeat Reveal, co-produced with long-time collaborator Patrick McCarthy.
This prevents Reveal from being an album to wholeheartedly embrace, even if it attempts to be as rich as Automatic and even if it succeeds on occasion.
Reveal is the twelfth studio album by American alternative rock band . allowed each track of the album to be remixed by different producers and members of the music industry. The February 2001 master of Reveal differed from the March 2001 master of the album, which ended up being the final version. Compared to the official, the differences of the Reveal Advance 2001 disc include: Two tracks that never made it to the finished version: "Fascinating" and "Free Form Jazz Jam".
What makes Reveal so disappointing is that the additions to the classic . sound are all merely superficial. The band's better works demonstrated a certain aural economy- each sound had a purpose; nothing was extraneous or unnecessary. There are no such moments to be found on Reveal. The album is so muddled and repetitive that it's almost impossible to pick out any kind of individual moments within the album's framework. When I put on most . albums and close my eyes, my mind is flooded with crystalline imagery, with miniature explosions, with the very moments of clarity that Stipe described; when I put on Reveal and close my eyes, I fall asleep.
Reveal is the 12th studio album by American alternative rock band . released the more upbeat Reveal, co-produced with long-time collaborator. 2001 studio album by .
Further singles from Reveal were "All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star)" and "I'll Take The Rain. Building on examples from their previous album, Up, "Beat A Drum," "Summer Turns To High" and "Beachball" are musical homages to The Beach Boys, of whom both Mike Mills and Peter Buck are major fans. Radiohead's Thom Yorke was going through a period of extreme depression during the late 90's, which led to severe stage fright. The lead single, "Imitation of Life," became another . Top 10 hit as well as the band's first number one single in Japan, but floundered at the bottom of the . Further singles from Reveal were "All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star)" and "I'll Take The Rain.
Reveal is quite a difficult record to get. I was expecting something similar to the type of material released from . What I got was quite different. I quickly went the route of most people who bought the album, leaving it to rot near the bottom of my CD stack. However, once I moved into my college dorm, I started listening again. Call it boredom, hometown pride, or insanity, but I started to appreciate the album more and more with each listen. In short, this is .