Avishai Cohen - Colors album download
Tracklist Hide Credits
|6||De Ye Tan Di||2:14|
Acoustic Bass – Yagil BarasDrums – Antonio Sanchez
|9||I B 4 U||6:30|
- Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass, Piano, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Vocals – Avishai Cohen
- Cello – Fred Sherry (tracks: 5, 13)
- Drums, Percussion – Jeff Ballard
- Guitar, Oud – Amos Hoffman
- Piano – Jason Lindner
- Producer – Avishai Cohen
- Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Jimmy Greene
- Trombone – Avi Lebovich, Steve Davis
- Viola – Kenji Bunch (tracks: 5, 13)
- Violin – Jesse Mills (tracks: 5, 13), Tom Chin (tracks: 5, 13)
- Vocals – Claudia Acuna* (tracks: 3, 6)
|UCCJ-3004||Avishai Cohen||Colors (CD, Album)||Stretch Records||UCCJ-3004||Japan||2000|
Avishai Cohen: Colors by AAJ Staff, published on November 1, 2000. Make no mistake about it: "Vision" is the appropriate word for explaining the aesthetic he expresses on "Colors. Not only does Cohen possess an broad artistic perspective that becomes more evident with each release, but also he quite literally compares the music he embraces with the literal sense of vision.
Avishai Cohen – Colors. Label: Stretch Records – UCCJ-3004. Producer – Avishai Cohen. Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute – Jimmy Greene. Trombone – Avi Lebovich, Steve Davis (7).
The composer wrote 13 selections for this program and each is a meeting of artistic colors, each rare and emanating its own originality through Cohen's sense of harmony, expansive tones, and polyrhythms.
Stretch Records presents, Avishai Cohen, latest release "Colors", with a good supply of exceptional musicians jamming with this talented artist. With "Colors", Avishai Cohen comes into his own voice, presenting a music that strikes the perfect, artful balance between composition and improvisation, while also dissolving boundaries between musical genres and world cultures. Avishai's creative world-informed jazz-in all of its brillant "Colors", is truly jazz for the new millenium