Okkervil River - The Stage Names album download
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe
Xylophone – Brian Cassidy
|2||Unless It's Kicks
Mellotron – Scott BrackettRhythm Guitar [Rhythm Electric Guitar] – Jonathan Meiburg
|3||A Hand To Take Hold Of The Scene||4:00|
Electric Guitar – Will Sheff
|6||A Girl In Port
Piano [2nd] – Will Sheff
|7||You Can't Hold The Hand Of A Rock And Roll Man
Piano – Patrick PestoriusRhythm Guitar [Rhythm Electric Guitar] – Jonathan Meiburg
|9||John Allyn Smith Sails
Rhythm Guitar [Rhythm Electric Guitar] – Jonathan Meiburg
- Copyright (c) – Jagjaguwar
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Jagjaguwar
- Copyright (c) – Joundsongs
- Engineered At – Wire Recording
- Overdubbed At – The Wonder Chamber
- Mixed At – Public Hi-Fi
- Mastered At – SAE Mastering
- Pressed By – Americ Disc
- Arranged By [String Arrangements] – Brian Cassidy
- Artwork [Embroidery], Illustration – William Schaff
- Bass, Wood Block [Woodblocks] – Patrick Pestorius
- Cello – Caitlin Bailey
- Drums, Maracas, Tambourine, Percussion [Shells] – Travis Nelsen
- Electric Guitar [Coronet], Electric Organ [Hammond Organ], Synthesizer, Percussion [Additional] – Scott Brackett
- Engineer – Brad Bell, Stuart Sullivan
- French Horn, Clarinet – Frances Smith
- Layout – Daniel Murphy
- Liner Notes [Excerpt Fom The Story "Okkerville River"] – Tatyana Tolstaya
- Liner Notes [Translated By] – Antonina W. Bouis
- Mandolin – Zachary Thomas
- Mastered By – Roger Siebel*
- Mixed By – Brian Beattie
- Photography By [Photo Credit 1, 9] – Will Sheff
- Photography By [Photo Credit 10] – Mark Ferbert
- Photography By [Photo Credit 11] – Yatesh Singh
- Photography By [Photo Credit 3] – Daniel Murphy
- Photography By [Photo Credit 4] – Todd S. Klassy
- Photography By [Photo Credit 6] – Ericka Bailie-Byrne
- Photography By [Photo Credit 8] – Julie Strange
- Producer – Brian Beattie, Okkervil River
- Songwriter [All Songs] – Will Sheff
- Viola – Katie Nott, Will Thothong
- Violin – Kathleen Pittman, Sarah Pizzicheni, Scott Jackson, Tammy Vo
- Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Xylophone – Will Sheff
- Vocals, Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar – Brian Cassidy
- Vocals, Piano, Electric Piano [Wurlitzer], Organ [Pump Organ], Mellotron – Jonathan Meiburg
NotesStandard jewel case with smooth black tray & 16-page lyrics booklet.
All songs ©2007 Will Sheff, Joundsongs (ASCAP)
Engineered at Wire Recording, Austin, Texas.
Additional overdubs at the Wonder Chamber, Austin, Texas.
Mixed at Public Hi-Fi, Austin, Texas.
Mastered at SAE.
Excerpt from the story "Okkerville River" © 1989 by Tatyana Tolstaya, used with permission of The Wylie Agency.
In the booklet:
© & ℗ 2007 Jagjaguwar
On back cover:
1499 West 2nd Street, Bloomington, IN 47403
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 56605 21102 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 656605211022
- Matrix / Runout (Variants 1 to 4): 3TUX1<7205>JAG110PR IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1 to 4): IFPI L481
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 812A
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 8109
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 8120
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 812E
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|JAG110PR||Okkervil River||The Stage Names (CD, Album, Promo)||Jagjaguwar||JAG110PR||US||2007|
|JAG110 | JAG111||Okkervil River||The Stage Names (CD, Album + CD + Ltd)||Jagjaguwar||JAG110 | JAG111||US||2007|
|none||Okkervil River||The Stage Names (10xFile, Album)||Jagjaguwar||none||US||2007|
|URA220||Okkervil River||The Stage Names (CD, Album)||Spunk||URA220||Australia||2007|
|JAG110PR, JAG111||Okkervil River||The Stage Names (2xCD)||Jagjaguwar, Jagjaguwar||JAG110PR, JAG111||US||2007|
The Stage Names is the fourth full-length studio album by American indie rock band Okkervil River, released on August 7, 2007. The album was recorded in Austin, Texas, with longtime Okkervil producer Brian Beattie, and with mixing from Spoon drummer and producer Jim Eno. Like other Okkervil River albums, the accompanying artwork is the work of artist William Schaff. The cover refers to a line from "Unless It's Kicks".
The Stage Names by Okkervil River, released 07 June 2007 1. Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe 2. Unless It's Kicks 3. A Hand to Take Hold of the Scene 4. Savannah Smiles 5. Plus Ones 6. A Girl In Port 7. You Can't Hold the Hand of a Rock and Roll Man 8. Title Track 9. John Allyn Smith Sails Okkervil River’s 'Black Sheep Boy' was one of the most acclaimed releases of 2005. Kelefa Sanneh wrote in the New York Times that "Will Sheff, leader of the Austin indie-rock band Okkervil River, writes like a novelist.
The vinyl version includes a coupon for a free MP3 download of the whole album.
The Stage Names is an album that is not only different in scope than anything in Sheff’s past, but arguably better. I am reminded of the author David Mitchell, who, with every successive book, seeks to employ a different narrative style and voice, succeeding every time beyond my expectations. After the string of Okkervil River’s successes, I was ecstatic to find that The Stage Names kept the streak alive. Fans expecting another Black Sheep Boy should remember that if any album of Okkervil River’s was a singular and unique piece of work it was that one, intended to be a song cycle based on an old folk song. Sheff deals with broader themes in The Stage Names and manages to make every last song memorable and of a higher quality than most songs in the marketplace.
The Stage Names, if not the climax itself, at least significantly thickens the plot, seeming just as artistically unsurpassable as Black Sheep Boy did in 2005, and even more emotionally devastating.
Okkervil River broke away from the crowded indie rock pack with 2005's superb Black Sheep Boy, a ragged but ornate barroom romp that drank its way to the top of countless year-end lists by finding that thin vein that separates triumph and desperation and hammering as many nails into it as they could in under 50 minutes. Fans used to Will Sheff's visceral, lo-fi caterwauls may be disappointed in the bruised and elegant Stage Names upon first listen, but further spins reveal BSB as more of a stepping-stone than a peak.
The Stage Names is essentially an album about the pitfalls of being in a band; the boredom, the woes of touring, the coming and going of creativity and general monotony of life as a musician. On paper, this may sound overdone, trite, cliche or boring, but Okkervil River somehow make it into a compelling concept. Sheff's songwriting allows for such subjects to be approached with more than just self-pity or requests for the listener's sympathy. In a way, he involves the listener and offers fresh perspectives on what he writes about.
Features Song Lyrics for Okkervil River's The Stage Names album. Okkervil River - The Stage Names Album Lyrics. 1. Unless It's Kicks (demo) Lyrics.