Corrie Dick - Impossible Things album download
|2||King William Walk||7:44|
|3||Six Impossible Things||6:17|
|6||Lock Your Heart Up||7:28|
|7||What Has Become of Albert||6:23|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chaos Collective
- Copyright (c) – Chaos Collective
- Arranged By [Lyrics] – Lauren Kinsella (tracks: 3)
- Bass, Percussion [Auxiliary], Backing Vocals – Conor Chaplin
- Drums, Percussion [Auxiliary], Backing Vocals, Written-By, Producer – Corrie Dick
- Electric Piano [Wurlitzer], Organ, Percussion [Auxiliary], Backing Vocals – Joe Webb
- Engineer [Assistant] – Sam Barnes
- Lyrics By – Corrie Dick (tracks: 2, 4, 5-8), Lauren Kinsella (tracks: 5), Lewis Carroll (tracks: 3)
- Lyrics By [Poetry] – Alice Zawadzki (tracks: 1)
- Percussion, Percussion [Auxiliary], Backing Vocals – Felix Higginbottom
- Piano, Percussion [Auxiliary], Backing Vocals – Matt Robinson
- Producer – Finn Peters
- Recorded By, Mixed By, Mastered By – Alex Killpartrick
- Saxophone, Percussion [Auxiliary], Backing Vocals – George Crowley
- Saxophone, Whistle, Percussion [Auxiliary], Backing Vocals – Joe Wright
- Trumpet, Percussion [Auxiliary], Backing Vocals – Laura Jurd
- Vocals, Percussion [Auxiliary], Backing Vocals – Alice Zawadzki
Impossible Things, Dick's debut album as bandleader, was released in November 2015 on the Chaos Collective label, which he co-founded alongside close collaborators Laura Jurd and Elliot Galvin
Start your music shopping from All About Jazz and you'll support us in the process. Learn how. About Corrie Dick. Corrie Dick Impossible Things. Chaos Collective 2015.
Drummer Corrie Dick was a finalist for Young Scottish JazzMusician of the Year in 2012, and won it in 2013. He has a debut album out, "Impossible Things" on the Chaos Collective label, and an album launch over two nights 27th and 28th November at a new venue by Clapton Pond, Jackdaw London.
The upstart Glasgewian drummer Corrie Dick visited Cambridge this week with his Impossible Things ensemble as they criss-cross the county touring their (almost) new self-titled album. The show was presented by Cambridge Modern Jazz Club (an organization rather than a club as the venue) at the exquisite Hidden Rooms on Jesus Lane. The space, located below the famous Pitt Club, is split into a room with a bar (great selection of cocktails – no pints on tap however) and a music room
Listen to Impossible Things now. Listen to Impossible Things in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Impossible Things is the debut full-length album from Corrie Dick. It comes in a matte-finish 6-panel sleeve with beautiful design by artist Joelle Naomi-Green. Includes unlimited streaming of Impossible Things via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. ships out within 2 days. A dynamic and innovative presence on the UK music scene, Glaswegian Corrie Dick is a musician recognised for his fluency, gritty sound and reckless abandon on the drum kit. In recent years he has caused a stir in the European jazz scene with his prolific and diverse activity, receiving praise from peers, press & fans alike.
Glaswegian drummer and composer Corrie Dick has made a debut album worthy of the word that’s been out about him since the Chaos Collective of young UK originals (which also introduced Laura Jurd and Elliot Galvin) came to notice a couple of years ago. Impossible Things (the title is Lewis Carroll’s) is a bold fusion of Celtic folk music, African percussion subtlety, and muscular postbop. Vocalist Alice Zawadzki’s meticuously nuanced delivery keeps her intimate poem Soar on the compelling side of sentimentality, and her care with soft sounds contrasts strikingly with the sax dirge and lurching.